January is really great, when it comes to enjoying comforts of home, and spectacular Winter scenery outside.
Turn these "lessons learnt" from knowledge that came into wisdom that lingers (1), and use it constructively in better garden management, during new growing season.
Get prepared; draft your own To Do list, based on these personal observations. Here, is Town & Country Gardens', January indoor activities selection, for your consideration and benefit.
January To Do...
* Mark gardening events in your calendar.
* Start garden journal.
* Read recent gardening books, and blogs.
* Order seeds, and bare-root plants.
* Plant more flower bulbs for home decoration.
* Prune "leggy" looking plants, such as geraniums, root the cuttings.
* Divide and re-pot plants that need more growing space.
* Prepare meal with produce preserved or freshly harvested from your garden.
* Start container herb garden.
* Make birdhouses, and other garden inspired, projects.
Go back to JANUARY TO DO page
Special Thanks to Town & Country Gardens Contributors:
bellearielparis, blogger, bulabean, dive-angel (Karin), flickr, Jasmine&Roses, Four Seasons Garden, Rita Crane Photography. Rita Crane, daughter of LIFE magazine photographer Ralph Crane. Her work can be seen on Flickr at Rita Crane Photography or on her website., TMR Davies, W.D. Williams
(1) This thought has been inspired by Alfred Lord Tennyson, who said "knowledge comes, wisdom lingers: http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/27584.html