Gardener's Source...

There are many sources of good finds, and I always try to keep my eyes open, wherever I go.

One day, while in Winston Salem, NC, we've decided to pay visit to a local Goodwill store. I begun browsing through books' section, and came across a book titled The Vegetable Garden by M.M. Vilmorin-Andrieux first published in France in the XIXc., and I believe this 1981 American publication is the only one.

The book is not just extremely informative, but also beautiful with detailed illustrations of specimens included. Some of these could (sadly) be considered extinct.

I picked it because I loved it, for just $1.00!
The same book on Amazon, was selling between $49.84 - $98.71.
Right person at the right place at the right time; trip well done!

Back to Gardener's Pastimes in May page

Feedback - contact.tcg.now@gmail.com
References
Special Thanks
Special Thanks to Town & Country Gardens Contributors: blogger, bulabean, dive-angel (Karin), flickr, Jasmine&Roses, Rita Crane Photography. Rita Crane, daughter of LIFE magazine photographer Ralph Crane. Her work can be seen on Flickr at Rita Crane Photography or on her website., Wikipedia, W.D. Williams

Stumble Upon Toolbar