Courtesy of Fleurette Jardin
Ingredients - (Makes approx. 30 cookies).
1/2 cup, shortening,
1/3 cup, brown sugar
1/3 c. white sugar
2 tbsp, orange juice
1 1/3 cup, all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp, ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp, salt
1 tsp, baking powder
1 cup, snipped dried cranberries, 3/4 cup, chopped walnuts
(1) Preheat oven to 350F (176C).
(2) Cream together, shortening, sugars, egg, and orange juice.
(2) Add dry ingredients.
(3) Add cranberries and walnuts (including orange zest), and stir, till combined.
(4) Drop by rounded tsp. onto ungreased cookie sheet.
(5) Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
(1) If you are not familiar with cups, assume an empty, 15 ½ oz. size can to have 2 cups capacity (1 cup =8oz. =227g.),
tsp. = teaspoon,
tbsp. = tablespoon,
1lb = 453 grams
See, additional conversion help, below:
Back to WHAT'S COOKING page
Feedback - firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Thanks to Town & Country Gardens Contributors: blogger, dive-angel (Karin), Fleurette Jardin, flickr, Jasmine&Roses, Rita Crane Photography. Rita Crane, daughter of LIFE magazine photographer Ralph Crane. Her work can be seen on Flickr at Rita Crane Photography or on her website., TMR Davies, W.D. Williams