February Poetical Selection...


Was it the smile of early spring
That made my bosom glow?'
Twas sweet, but neither sun nor wind
Could raise my spirit so.
Was it some feeling of delight,
All vague and undefined?
No, 'twas a rapture deep and strong,
Expanding in the mind!

Anne Bronte, In Memory of A Happy Day in February



If apples were pears
And peaches were plums
And the rose had a different name.
If tigers were bears
And fingers were thumbs
I'd love you just the same.
Valentine's Day Songs and Poems



I'm a little groundhog, it's my day.
Wake and stretch, go out and play.
Down in my burrow, down so deep,
Time to wake, from my long winter's sleep.
Grumble, grumble, scratch, scratch,
Grunt, grunt, yawn.
I'll eat my breakfast in your front lawn.
I'm a little groundhog, it's my day.
Wake up and stretch, go out and play.
Author Unknown

Go back to  Gardener's Pastimes in February page

Feedback - contact.tcg.now@gmail.com References - See more of January themed poems and quotations, compiled by Michael P. Garofalo
Special Thanks
Special Thanks to Town & Country Gardens Contributors: CanTeach, dive-angel (Karin)Gator_5, Jasmine&Rosesneonow/CC 2.0, Jerald Jackson/CC 2.0, anoldent/CC 2.0,  Rita Crane Photography. Rita Crane, daughter of LIFE magazine photographer Ralph Crane. Her work can be seen on Flickr at Rita Crane Photography or on her website., W.D. Williams

Stumble Upon Toolbar