This perfect Summer meal is Spanish by origins, and cosmopolitan by its popularity! Courtesy of Paul Goyette
Ingredients - (Serves 4).
2 (medium) cucumbers,
2 bell peppers,
1/2 red onion,
2 tbsp chives, minced
2 tbsp parsley, minced
2 small garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp bread crumbs
When dicing, try making a 1/4 inch dice in size, for best results!
(1) Tomatoes - blanch, peel, core, and pulse them a bit in a blender, then, reserve in a mixing bowl.
(2) Cucumbers - dice finely. If the skins are hard, and there are lots of seeds, peel, and cut out seeded parts first. Add to the bowl.
(3) Bell peppers - wash, core, dice finely, and add to the bowl.
(4) Red onion - peel, chop and add to the mixture.
(5) Add garlic, parsley, chives, salt, crumbs, olive oil, vinegar and (if using) stock to the bowl. Mix all ingredients.
(8) Season, chill and serve.
Gazpacho goes well with croutons, toast, or simply on its own.
(1) If you are not familiar with cups, assume an empty, 15 ½ oz. size can to have 2 cups capacity (1 cup =8oz. =227g.),
tsp. = teaspoon,
tbsp. = tablespoon,
1lb = 453 grams
See, additional conversion help, below:
Back to WHAT'S COOKING page
Feedback - firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Thanks to Town & Country Gardens Contributors: blogger, bulabean, dive-angel (Karin), flickr, Jasmine&Roses, Paul Goyette, Rita Crane Photography. Rita Crane, daughter of LIFE magazine photographer Ralph Crane. Her work can be seen on Flickr at Rita Crane Photography or on her website., TMR Davies, W.D. Williams