Courtesy of loumcf
Ingredients - (Serves 4).
1.5 lb, boneless chicken breasts, pounded flat,
1/2 cup, flour,
1 cup, panko (see, Notes, below),
1/4 cup, sesame seeds,
(1) Salt the chicken with salt.
(2) Coat both sides of the chicken in flour first, then egg, then panko mixture.
(4) Fry chicken in neutral oil until brown and crispy on both sides, and the chicken is cooked through.
2-3 cups, Trader Joe's Soy Ginger Broth,
2 onions, sliced vertically,
oil, 3-4 eggs, salt,
(1) Fry onion in oil over low-medium heat, to soften and brown slightly.
(2) Add broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
(3) When almost ready to serve, whisk eggs (add any leftover egg from breading). Continue to whisk, and add some warm broth to the eggs. Add the egg and broth mixture to the broth and onion mixture. Simmer over low heat.
Put some cooked rice into bowl. Ladle over some of the sauce. Add chicken on top. Garnish with nori (seaweed), and spring onions.
(0)Panko, are the Japanese style breadcrums. You can get them from Asian stores.
(1) If you are not familiar with cups, assume an empty, 15 ½ oz. size can to have 2 cups capacity (1 cup =8oz. =227g.),
tsp. = teaspoon,
tbsp. = tablespoon,
1lb = 453 grams
See, additional conversion help, below:
Back to WHAT'S COOKING page
Feedback - firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Thanks to Town & Country Gardens Contributors: blogger, bulabean, dive-angel (Karin), flickr, Jasmine&Roses, loumcf, Rita Crane Photography. Rita Crane, daughter of LIFE magazine photographer Ralph Crane. Her work can be seen on Flickr at Rita Crane Photography or on her website., TMR Davies, W.D. Williams