Perfect, Summer breakfast!Courtesy of LolaBix
1 tart apple, grated,
8 tbsp, all purpose flour,
1/2 tsp, baking powder,
salt, cinnamon, vanilla (or plain) sugar to taste,
1/4 cup milk (approx.),
powdered sugar for dusting,
(1) Combine all dry ingredients.
(2) In a blender (or bowl) begin by whisking egg, and then adding slowly, the dry ingredients.
(2) Drizzle in milk, just enough, to make the mixture creamy, and smooth.
(3) Fold in apple.
(4) Preheat lightly greased frying pan, and cook like standard pancakes; spoonful of mixture, per cake, till golden on both sides.
(5) Reserve on paper towel, dust with sugar, serve.
These pancakes go great garnished with honey, syrup, fruit yogurt, and or salad.
(1) If you are not familiar with cups, assume an empty, 15 ½ oz. size can to have 2 cups capacity (1 cup =8oz. =227g.),
tsp. = teaspoon,
tbsp. = tablespoon,
1lb = 453 grams
See, additional conversion help, below:
Back to WHAT'S COOKING page
Feedback - email@example.com
Special Thanks to Town & Country Gardens Contributors: blogger, bulabean, dive-angel (Karin), flickr, Jasmine&Roses, LolaBix, Rita Crane Photography. Rita Crane, daughter of LIFE magazine photographer Ralph Crane. Her work can be seen on Flickr at Rita Crane Photography or on her website., TMR Davies, W.D. Williams