Courtesy of neon.mamacita
2 tbsp, good, olive oil,
1 (medium) onion, finely chopped,
3 cups, vegetable stock,
1 (14 1/2oz.) can, diced tomatoes in juice,
1 (15oz.) can, black beans, drained,
2 (15oz.)cans, pumpkin puree,
1 cup, heavy cream,
1 1/2 tbsp, curry powder,
1 1/2 tsp, ground cumin,
1 tsp, cayenne pepper
Bunch, fresh chives, chopped,
(1) In a pot, preheat olive oil.
(2) Add onion, and saute it for approx. 5 minutes.
(3) Add vegetable stock, tomatoes, black beans, and pumpkin puree, and stir, to combine the ingredients.
(4) Bring all to a boil, then reduce the heat to to simmer, and let it cook for a few minutes.
(5) Mix cream with curry, cumin, cayenne and salt, to taste. Add a little soup to it, combine well, and add it all back to the pot of soup.
(6) Simmer 5 minutes longer, adjust seasonings, and serve garnished with chopped chives.
(1) If you are not familiar with cups, assume an empty, 15 ½ oz. size can to have 2 cups capacity (1 cup =8oz. =227g.),
tsp. = teaspoon,
tbsp. = tablespoon,
1lb = 453 grams
See, additional conversion help, below:
Go back to WHAT'S COOKING page
Special Thanks to Town & Country Gardens Contributors:
Rita Crane Photography
Rita Crane, daughter of LIFE magazine photographer Ralph Crane.
Her work can be seen on Flickr at Rita Crane Photography or on her website.