This American classic is easy to make. It's healthy, fulfilling, and great to enjoy any day, any time!
1 cup, walnuts (or pecans), lightly toasted
1 cup, celery stalks, diced
1 cup, red, seedless grapes, halved
1 cup, apples, cored, and diced
a few pretty lettuce leaves
salt & pepper
(1) Place nuts, celery, grapes, and apples in a bowl.
(2) Squeeze lemon over the mixture.
(3) Add a few tablespoons of mayonnaise, just enough to coat the ingredients.
(4) Taste, then season with pepper, and salt (if necessary).
(5) Chill, and serve.
Serve dressed with lettuce leaves. It's perfect to eat on its own, but it is also nice with a few slices of chicken, or turkey.
(1) If you are not familiar with cups, assume an empty, 15 ½ oz. size can to have 2 cups capacity (1 cup =8oz. =227g.),
tsp = teaspoon,
tbsp = tablespoon,
1lb = 453 grams
for more help try these links:
Back to WHAT'S COOKING page
Feedback - email@example.com
Special Thanks to Town & Country Gardens Contributors: blogger, dive-angel (Karin), flickr, Jasmine&Roses, metric-conversions.org, onlineconversion.com, Rita Crane Photography. Rita Crane, daughter of LIFE magazine photographer Ralph Crane. Her work can be seen on Flickr at Rita Crane Photography or on her website., Silcami, temperatureconverter, TMR Davies, W.D. Williams, Wikipedia