It's a lovely light and really tasty dish with clean clear flavours. (Taking5)
3 cloves, garlic, chopped,
3 small shallots, chopped,
1 large, red chili, chopped,
1 cup (250ml), white wine,
12 larger (washed, scrubbed, rinsed, debearded) mussels. (Increase this amount if they are smaller, ones),
2 medium, carrots, cut into small chunks,
2 medium, zucchinis, cut into small chunks,
1 bunch, fresh cilantro (coriander), 2 tbsp, cooking oil, and salt, and pepper to taste.
(1) Heat oil in a wok, and saute chopped garlic, onions, and chili pepper.
(2) Add white wine, and mussels to the mixture, cover, and cook for approximately 5-7 mins.
(3) Remove mussels from wok, separate from shells, and reserve.
(4) Add salmon, handful of chopped cilantro (coriander), cover, and cook for a few minutes longer (till salmon is cooked).
(5) In a small saucepan, cover carrots with cold water. Bring to boil for a couple of minutes, then add zucchini, and boil for a couple of minutes longer, till both are cooked (but firm).
(7) Arrange vegetables, fish and mussels on individual plates, garnish with wine gravy, and more cilantro.
(1) If you are not familiar with cups, assume an empty, 15 ½ oz. size can to have 2 cups capacity (1 cup =8oz. =227g.),
tsp. = teaspoon,
tbsp. = tablespoon,
1lb = 453 grams
See, additional conversion help, below:
Back to WHAT'S COOKING page
Feedback - firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Thanks to Town & Country Gardens Contributors:
blogger, bulabean, dive-angel (Karin), flickr, Jasmine&Roses, Taking5, Rita Crane Photography. Rita Crane, daughter of LIFE magazine photographer Ralph Crane. Her work can be seen on Flickr at Rita Crane Photography or on her website., TMR Davies, W.D. Williams