Courtesy of bricolage108
1 head, cauliflower, washed, and separated into florets,
1 (large) potato, peeled, and diced,
2 tbsp, olive oil,
1 (medium) onion, chopped,
1 clove, garlic, minced,
1 cup, milk,
2 cups (plus) stock,
1 bunch, chives, chopped,
Pinch of salt, pepper, ground cardamom (optional), bay leave, to taste,
(1) In a pot, preheat olive oil. Add onion, garlic, potato, and cauliflower and let it sweat, for a few minutes.
(2) Cover with stock, add bay leaf, and let it simmer till ingredients are tender.
(3) Add milk, and puree the soup in a blender. Season with salt pepper, cardamom.
(4) Transfer back to a pan, and bring it close to a boil point.
(5) Ladle the soup to individual plates, then garnish with chives.
Serve with croutons, or garlic bread.
(1) If you are not familiar with cups, assume an empty, 15 ½ oz. size can to have 2 cups capacity (1 cup =8oz. =227g.),
tsp. = teaspoon,
tbsp. = tablespoon,
1lb = 453 grams
See, additional conversion help, below:
Back to WHAT'S COOKING page
Feedback - email@example.com
Special Thanks to Town & Country Gardens Contributors: blogger, bricolage08, bulabean, dive-angel (Karin), flickr, Jasmine&Roses, Rita Crane Photography. Rita Crane, daughter of LIFE magazine photographer Ralph Crane. Her work can be seen on Flickr at Rita Crane Photography or on her website., TMR Davies, W.D. Williams